Monday, November 12, 2012

The Weekend

How was your weekend? Was it busy? Our weekend was really a fun one. On Saturday the studio where I work doing Massage had its annual craft fair. We had a great turnout because of our some awesome vendors featuring all things local to us- honey, fleece pelts and yarn, homemade salves, knitted items, driftwood art, handmade jewelry and tons more! I enjoyed running a table for natural products and giving some card readings for fun. It was so great to catch up with friends we hadn't seen for a while. The kids were with my mom most of the time, though they also ran around outside with their cousins a lot. And my main mans band was the entertainment. He's the one on the Mandolin. Aren't they a handsome group of fella's? They sounded great and created a festive atmosphere, as always. If you missed it and are in the mood for some bluegrass, they will be playing next Saturday the 17th at the School Around Us Fair located at Kennebunk Highschool from 9-12 Southern Maine Pickin' Society from left: Steve Mickeriz, Jess Greer, James Welsch, Read McNamara
After the fair my mother in law invited us in for her homemade Gulumpkies for dinner and they were divine!It's always nice to get the night off from cooking dinner every once in a while, even though I love to cook. The next day my lovely husband ran to the Auto parts store and replaced my brake pads and rotors on my car...with the kids....all while he let me sleep in! ( I may have stayed up a little late at a ladies night the previous evening*ahem*) I'll tell you what- I am one lucky lady! And because he really is quite an industrious guy, he decided to replace the antenna we lost in Super Storm Sandy so we could could get reception for the television again. We don't watch a lot of TV in general- but we definitely watch more in the winter. AND we have big plans to watch "The Dust Bowl" documentary airing on PBS this coming Sunday. I offered what little assistance I could... By taking picures...
...and holding the ladder.
I'm lucky I tell ya.
So now we are all ready for next weekend!Maybe we'll see ya at the fair:) And I'm working on a house post this week, so stay tuned! * I'm still figuring this blogging stuff out and for some reason the published post is not matching the original draft... so sorry for inappropriate italics and run on paragraphs. ( I know, its scandalous- )

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy, love reading about your beautiful family and all things Maine. You certainly do have an awesome DH but he is also a very lucky man too! love and hugs, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Winnie-you are very sweet!

      Delete